You know how Snapchat will notify the sender if their Snaps are fully opened? Well what if you don’t want them to know you’ve seen their Snap? Is this really possible?
There is a way to trick Snapchat and make it think you never opened the snap.
I will show you how to open a Snap without them knowing and without it saying “opened” so that nobody will know when or if they’ve been viewed.
I’ll then tell you of a great way to get full access to all of their Snaps without them knowing you have seen them. It’s true so keep reading!
This method works on an iPhone, Android and basically any phone that lets you run Snapchat. This is because you are not actually opening the Snap, simply viewing it.
So let’s have a look at the first method.
Open the Snap or Message Halfway on Snapchat
One way to see your friend’s Snap to find out what it says without them knowing that you have seen it is to open it halfway through. This requires you to slide the message just enough so that you can read the contents.
It’s a bit of a trick that makes Snapchat think the message hasn’t been read and so doesn’t show as opened on the other persons side.
Go through the following steps to do this.
- Open Snapchat from your home screen on your iPhone or Android device.
- Locate the Snap from your friend that you want to open secretly. You might need to click on the Chats window. You will then be able to see the friend’s Snapchat with a blue dot or icon on it that marks it as new or unopened.
- Once you find out where it is, you will need to carefully use your fingers to press the chat. Once you manage to touch the Snap, you will not be able to remove your fingers otherwise it will open it up completely while also alerting the other person of it.
- Use your finger to slowly slide or swipe that particular Snapchat to the right side of the screen. Keep doing this slowly until you manage to see most of the contents of the chat or enough for you to figure out what the message says.
- Do not let go of your finger at any point as this will end up opening the Snap.
- This method will only open up the Snap to three-quarters and not fully.
- After you read what it says, you can slide the chat back to the left to close it. This method will not alert the sender.
You need to be careful with this one. If you slide too far or let go of your finger on the slide the message will fully open and you’ll be busted! The other downside is that you can only see part of the message if it is long.
Use Airplane Mode (Cautiously)
Another method that you can make use of on both your iPhone and your Android device is to use Airplane mode to open Snaps. However, this will not work reliably on its own even if you clear the cache or data from the app afterward.
What usually happens is that once you switch off Airplane mode the sender is notified that you have seen their Snap. It only really delays this notification. But let’s look at how this works anyway.
To figure out how exactly you can use this method, you can read through the following process. Even with this, however, there have been instances of the other person continuing to get notified, so make sure you proceed with caution in this case.
You can also try it out on a safe person on your Snapchat before you begin to rely on this method.
- Open the Snapchat app from your home screen on either your iPhone or your Android device.
- Go to the Chats window on the app and locate the new chat that you want to open without your friend knowing.
- At this point, swipe down on your screen to open the notifications bar.
- Locate the Airplane or Flight mode option here and turn it on. The icon will turn blue to indicate that it is on. This will temporarily prevent you from receiving any new calls or messages on other apps as well.
- After this is on, you can open the chat or Snap from your friend and read what it says.
- Close the chat at this point and close the entire app as well.
- You will then have to clear the cache by locating Snapchat in your phone settings.
- Uninstall Snapchat entirely from your phone after clearing the data. You can either do this through your settings or by long pressing the app icon on your home screen and tapping the ‘x’ or cross button.
- Once you have uninstalled it, you can turn off the Airplane mode.
- Download Snapchat once again, log in using your credentials and go to the chat to see if it is visible as a new chat again.
Once again, this is not an entirely reliable method so make sure you test it out first. It seems like a whole lot of trouble to go to!
Use a Spy App to Open a Snap Without Them Knowing
Spy apps can work great if you need to monitor what your kids are up to on platforms like Snapchat. This will only work were you have access to the users phone – so you can’t use it on your friends for example.
You can use a monitoring app like mSpy to open a Snapchat without it saying opened. mSpy is a reliable, secure and affordable option that you can make use of for this purpose.
I have written a lot about spy software and the mSpy app in particular on this website. For Snapchat it is definitely the best option for full control. Be sure to start with a look at my main review – it covers everything.
You can follow these steps to figure out how the process works.
- Download mSpy on your device by selecting a basic or premium pricing plan.
- You will also need access to the target’s device to download the app on their phone as well. Make sure you hide the app after setting it up.
- After this, you can log into your own account on your device and start monitoring what your friend is doing on their phone.
- To see what they sent you on Snapchat, you will need to locate the Snapchat option on your mSpy window.
- This will give you screenshots and the usage history of the person you are monitoring. You see everything!
- You can then read the message without them finding out that you have done so.
- This can be a good way for you to open the message without even needing to open your own Snapchat app.
It is important to remember that you must only use this app in a legal way. Doing anything suspicious with it can lead to legal troubles for you.
This is also quite an extensive method, but it can certainly give you the anonymity that you require.
You should take a look at a few articles I have about Snapchat : my Snapchat hacking tutorial goes into great detail on ways to monitor the app. If you are worried about your own security I have this one – how you can tell if your Snapchat is hacked. And then take a look at ways to see someone’s Snapchat history. I hope you find them interesting!
Using an app like mSpy you can do so much more than just monitor Snapchat. It is a fully featured monitoring app covering almost every action they take on their smartphone.
Conclusion: Opening Snaps Without Them Knowing is Possible
You have now seen all the methods involved in opening a Snapchat without it saying opened on your friend’s chat. Remember that the airplane mode method is not entirely reliable if you don’t want someone to know you have seen their Snaps.
Using mSpy will definitely let you see everything without the other person knowing but it may be more than you wanted. Either way, you have some ways to see if you can open those Snaps secretly!