In this review I’ll tell you why I think uMobix adds something to the spy app market. I’ll cover the most important features and how everything works without putting you to sleep with every detail. You can read their website for that!
I also want to clear up some confusion around their pricing. If you have been doing your research you might have noticed different prices depending on the review you read.
So let’s get going with my real uMobix Review.
Why uMobix Makes My List
I’ve been reviewing spy software apps since early 2011 and I have tested many apps over this time. Some come and go but only a few stand the test of time. If you look around the site you’ll see my main recommendations are usually mSpy and FlexiSPY.
When I test any of the new apps that come out I’m looking for a few things. Firstly do they actually work as described – you won’t believe how many fail at this point!
Then before I recommend it I think it has to add something different. Why would I recommend an mSpy or FlexiSPY alternative if it isn’t different or better in some way.
Here is why I stand behind uMobix. The product itself works well and is a genuine competitor to the mSpy app. It covers the same core features. It is just as easy to use. But … it is quite a bit cheaper. For now at least.
Now, price isn’t everything. I have tested many cheaper monitoring apps but none have come close to competing with mSpy or FlexiSPY. Now uMobix offers a real cheaper option. Now let’s get into the details.
uMobix has versions covering Android and iOS (Apple) devices. If you need help they have a compatibility checker where you can check your phone model.
uMobix for the iPhone
Their iOS version works on all versions of the iPhone, iPad etc. One difference from some other companies is that they only offer a No Jailbreak version. They do not have an iPhone app for physical installation on a Jailbroken iPhone.
If you’re not familiar with this type of iPhone monitoring I go into details in my look at mSpy No Jailbreak version – this article explains everything.
uMobix use this same system of monitoring through iCloud backups. They have the same requirements for use:
- You need to have the users Apple ID and password
- iCloud backups must be set to run on the target device
- Two factor authentication (2FA) needs to be turned off
If these are all in place you will not even need to have physical access to the iPhone.
Just like mSpy and other programs that offer the iCloud monitoring system no app is actually installed on the target device. The Apple account credentials allow you to “intercept” the backups and they are reported in the uMobix dashboard.
This method is less powerful than Android monitoring apps – you have certain restrictions. You get to see less in terms of reports and nothing is in real time.
However they at least get around problems of Jailbreaking. The reality is that the latest iPhone versions have no working Jailbreak available. One big advantage of the No Jailbreak version is that it is incredibly difficult to spot – the target will not be aware of your monitoring.
The No Jailbreak version of uMobix allows you to monitor:
- All basic reports of call logs with times, call duration and numbers
- All text messages and iMessages can be read – (sent and received)
- Facebook activity including Messenger
- WhatsApp, Instagram, Tinder and more
You also get limited GPRS tracking but as mentioned not in real time due to the delay in backup reporting. I cover some more main features later in this article. One thing to note is that you can’t monitor Snapchat on an iPhone – like all other iCloud monitoring systems.
Still, iCloud monitoring offers are great way for most parents to keep an eye on their kids online activity. uMobix does this well. It works and the setup and reporting is very easy to use. Top Marks!
uMobix for Android
uMobix works on all Android versions from 4 and above. For Android phones and tablets they revert to the full version software. Like mSpy, the app is physically installed on the target phone. Once installed, all reporting is done remotely and in almost real time to the online dashboard.
Android monitoring is much wider in scope compared to the iPhone. Because the software is installed directly onto the target device you get a much greater feature list. Reporting is also much more regular – you can chose how often.
Some features on Android include:
- All call logs with times, call duration and numbers
- All text messages and iMessages can be read
- Facebook activity including Messenger
- Snapchat Monitoring
- WhatsApp, Instagram, Tinder and more.
- Advanced Keylogger (more on this below)
- GPRS tracking
I will cover some of the most important features below in more detail. I have used uMobix on my Android phone and it works very well. Everything you expect from a quality spy app.
Some uMobix reviews seem to have different prices listed. I think some haven’t updated! I have checked that the below pricing is correct – and I update my main reviews every month.
One month uMobix Full Pack – $49.99
Three months uMobix Full Pack – $27.99 per month ($83.97)
One Year Full Pack – $11.66 per month ($139.92)
Their Full Pack is near enough the same as mSpy Premium in terms of features. The price is the same for both Android and iPhone versions.
As I mentioned they offer quite a saving with their prices at the moment. That is a competitive edge!
Main Features of uMobix
I briefly mentioned some of the features for Android and iPhones above. I don’t need to go into every single detail here – they have all that on their website. I think uMobix reviews should focus on the most important features. The ones that really matter.
The truth is that most decent spy apps cover the same basics – plus they list others of no real consequence. How important is it to you to see what they did on their calculator app?
uMobix really do compete well in features and functionality. Some of the most important are:
- Voice Call Logs – these are detailed and well presented. You can see timestamps, call duration, contact numbers, outgoing calls and incoming calls.
- Messages – you get all details of every SMS text message sent and received. Of course you get to read the actual message content too. These are messages sent using the native messaging app of the phone. Don’t worry they also cover most other messaging apps.
- Messaging Apps – do you realize that regular text messaging is in decline. Most young people are using apps such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, Tik Tok and Instagram to send messages. uMobix covers all these and more. You can see every message, photo and video shared. Full coverage of a long list of apps.
- Keylogger – the uMobix keylogger will record every keystroke entered on the phone. This feature is really useful. It allows you to see login details for all their social media sites and apps. It means you get to see everything in detail. Works well.
- GPRS Tracking – works in real time for Android. Allows you to see exact location of the target phone now and track location history over time. They also provide you with a Google Maps view.
- Email – allows you to read all emails sent and received.
- Photos and Videos – you can see every photo and video saved on the phone in the gallery or in other folders.
- Browser History – you get to see all websites they visited with time stamps. You can also see their saved Bookmarks.
- Remote Control Settings – you can see a list of apps and chose any you need to block. You can set the controls you need – all remotely after installation on Android.
- View Deleted Messages – because the messages are recorded when sent or received they will be logged even if they are deleted afterwards. You get to see those deleted messages.
I keep all of my reviews up to date to reflect changes and new features. As they are a fairly new product, I expect some changes with more features to come. Remember to check out their site for every single thing they can monitor.
This was a great plus point for me. They have a simplified range of products which removes some confusion around installing the program. They have learned from the best and have a very easy process to get started quickly and easily.
When you first sign up for an account and buy uMobix you select the operating system of the phone you want to monitor. They then email you your license and account details along with detailed installation instructions. I’ll give you a quick rundown of how this works.
Installing uMobix on iOS iPhone
As I mentioned, for uMobix on iPhone they use the iCloud monitoring service. So in fact no installation takes place on the target device. You’ll get your instructions in a welcome email. iPhone setup is really easy!
- Turn on iCloud backups on the target phone (if not already set to run)
- Login to your account
- Enter the user’s Apple ID and password
- If 2FA is on you will need to enter a verification code on the target device
- Select the target device (if there is more than one phone in iCloud)
- Wait for reports to download
That’s it. It can take up to 24 hours for the first reports to get loaded due to the backup frequency – after that you can log in to the online dashboard and see everything. The instructions will cover any changes but this is the main setup process. Check their video below.
Installing uMobix on Android
Installing uMobix on an Android phone or tablet device is a little more involved but they have made it pretty easy for all. Again you setup your account and make the purchase. You will get detailed instructions and license details in an email.
Remember for Android you need to have the target phone in your possession for at least a few minutes. With Android you also have the option to Root the device or not.
Just be aware that like all Android monitoring apps Rooting is needed for monitoring social media apps and messengers like WhatsApp or Snapchat. Everything else will still work without Rooting.
- Login to your account
- Enter the download link into the target device browser and download
- Install and open the app
- Follow the prompts to allow permissions
- Choose automatic setup
The app will continue to install automatically. If you want the uMobix app to be hidden you should delete the downloaded APK file from the target phone, clear the browser history and hide the app icon.
Now you can login to the dashboard and reports should start to appear in a few minutes. I have to say that their installation is probably the easiest I have come across! Use the video below if you need any more help.
Support and customer service can be a big problem with some spy apps on the market. It has been a problem for years. Thankfully uMobix have learned from the best programs and started out with good support options.
Most complaints around support issues come from companies just not responding or taking days to answer questions.
I have contacted their support and got quick responses via their email ticket system. But best of all – a good old fashioned phone number – with a real person to talk to. Support shouldn’t be difficult these days. Top marks again!
Why I Recommend uMobix
To be honest I have been on the lookout for a good spy app to compete with the top players – mSpy and FlexiSPY. Up until I tested uMobix I hadn’t found any that offered something different or extra.
The “different” with uMobix is that they can compete on features, ease of use and reliability. But you can get this with substantial savings. Normally, cheaper spy apps just don’t work as well as the top dogs. But uMobix does.
Now you can get the same level of service for quite a bit less money. I think that is worth pointing out to my readers.
So now if you are looking for an alternative to mSpy or FlexiSPY you should check out uMobix and get a great deal into the bargain!
ERSTEN GROUP LTD 63-66, Hatton Garden, 5th Floor, Suite 23, London, United Kingdom, EC1N 8LE
English speaking phone support: + 1(678)916-7336
Thanks for reading!